*Originally published on SecuritySales.com
Each month SSI highlights one of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that has attended the SSI Summit. This month is Dehart Alarm Systems.
SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Dehart Alarm Systems President and CEO Cory Schott.
Electronics and technology have been my key interests since childhood. Dehart is a third-generation business, where I started working at age 14 doing installations. I moved through all areas of the business before taking over full ownership in 2009 with my wife. We have three children and enjoy traveling the world and boating.
Being able to keep abreast of new innovations and working them into my business has kept us relevant and on the front line of new services and technology. Dehart does not subcontract any work and we have been operating our own UL-Listed monitoring center for over 45 years. This allows us to maintain a higher level of service and tighter control on procedures for a more personalized customer experience.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Implementation and simplification of back-office software and procedures: We have recently been working with a software professional to have MAS customized to streamline prospects, sales, quoting and accounting.
- Attrition: Dealing with COVID-19 is new and unexplored territory for all of us. Trying to purchase new companies and estimate losses due to COVID has proved to be a challenge.
- Marketing and sales: The vast majority of our business comes from customer referrals. Finding qualified sales reps has proved to be challenging. We continue to search for an innovative way to showcase our company’s abilities and reach new customers.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- Acquisitions: We are actively looking for companies to acquire within the southeast and southwest Florida market. This will provide us with the opportunity to offer a larger base of customers access to our exceptional services.
- Commercial market growth: Increasing our market in the small to midsize commercial market offering access control, video surveillance and fire systems.
- Residential systems growth: Increasing the sales of mid- to high-end home automation, sound and theater systems integrated with video, security, and access control.