SSI Summit Stars is a new monthly department that highlights some of the security industry’s most progressive integrators that have attended the SSI Summit. This exclusive, invitation-only event is held annually in conjunction with the Total Tech Summit, which includes hundreds more integrators from the residential and commercial A/V fields.
This month, SSI hears from Integrated Security Technologies Co-Founder Andrew Lanning.
TECHNOLOGIES, SERVICES & MARKETS
Designs, installs, configures and maintains integrated access control, video surveillance, intrusion detection and audio systems for DoD, government and critical infrastructure clients throughout the Pacific region.
I started my career in the computer and electronics field in 1982. I continued my electronics career as a missile weapons technician in the U.S. Navy and earned a combat action ribbon during Persian Gulf Operation Praying Mantis in April 1988. I then joined the electronic security industry in 1994, co-founding Integrated Security Technologies with my wife Christine in Honolulu in May 1998.
I am active in numerous security industry groups, with recognition including the PSA Security Network President’s Paul Marcus Award in 2019. Our industry is filled with people who are passionate about making their communities safer. I love the people and the work we all deliver every day, to make that happen.
TOP 3 CHALLENGES
- Technical training. Hawaii has a limited electronic security system talent pool.
- Security education for community. Teaching the Hawaii end-user base how to protect themselves and their assets is a responsibility in which we devote a lot of time and energy.
- Managing growth. The demand for our service quality is gratifying, increasing our deliverable capacity requires funding that we increase persistently.
TOP 3 OPPORTUNITIES
- National security. Our industry’s role has never been more prominent, creating endless business opportunities.
- Industry communication protocols. These enhancements offer us upgrade opportunities that dramatically improve legacy solution security.
- Supply chain risk. Management concerns will now force our manufacturer community to transparently demonstrate the cyber maturity of their hardware and software offerings. This is a game-changer for leadership within the global technology discussion.
TOP 3 DIFFERENTIATORS
- Our team members participate in a very broad spectrum of local community, and national security community boards, committees, and forums. We simply don’t see our competitors at those tables.
- Our investment in team training runs 3x the industry average, and we are consistently commended for the experience of our team and the quality of our deliverables.
- We are fluent in DoD, Municipal Government and commercial market vertical business practices — our competitors are typically serving only one of those sectors. We’ve learned how to position our capabilities to best service our client’s needs in a given sector.
*Originally published on SecuritySales.com*