*Originally published on CommercialIntegrator.com
VetsinTech Academy to provide military veterans with broad range of bootcamp training for high-demand tech careers.
VetsinTech (ViT) today unveiled its VetsinTech Academy.
Designed to train and springboard veterans into tech-based jobs, VetsinTech Academy “raises the bar with focused training, education and employment,” the announcement says.
Bringing all training and education services under one umbrella, VetsinTech Academy “broadens veterans’ training and employment opportunities,” according to the announcement.
VetsinTech Academy is made possible through sponsorship from Craig Newmark Philanthropies and DraftKings’ Tech for Heroes.
With this announcement of VetsinTech Academy, ViT is also launching the Craig Newmark Cybersecurity Institute for Veterans to increase the number of course offerings and veterans trained in cybersecurity fields.
VetsinTech Academy “will support veterans with complete ‘training pathways’ and immersive programs to explore specific careers,” the announcement says.
For example, veterans interested in a cybersecurity career will be provided basic training with cybersecurity fundamentals to more advanced certifications. VetsinTech will provide course offerings and the ability to book training classes via the new ViT Academy portal.
More About the VetsinTech Academy
VetsinTech Academy also offers veterans an extended range of training and employment services, including:
- Training on leading software platforms such as Palo Alto Networks, AWS, IBM, Cisco, Splunk and Salesforce Administration
- Instructor-led classes in cybersecurity web development, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing and more
- Online training and access to a repository of other third-party, free, online learning classes offered by many industry-leading tech companies working with VetsinTech today
- Professional training in non-coding related roles such as tech sales positions
- Employment matching with over 30+ top tech companies in the VetsinTech employer coalition
- Mentorships and apprenticeships that provide on the job training with industry-leading technology companies
- An online portal for veterans to navigate the curriculum and training available
- In-person and online networking opportunities through quarterly employer meetups and the VetsinTech Invasion National Conference
Last year, VetsinTech trained more than 1,000 veterans, with 90% landing a new job or getting upskilled in a current role.
“Our veterans are synonymous with national security,” said Craig Newmark, Founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, and a board member of VetsinTech. “They’re a natural resource in becoming cybersecurity experts or other tech professionals.
“VetsinTech is best positioned to help veterans secure these career opportunities, and I am happy to support the expansion of our cybersecurity training through the VetsinTech Academy,” he said.
“It’s our honor to give back to the many veterans and military spouses who have served, and continue to serve, our country,” said DraftKings co-founder, chairman and CEO Jason Robins. “Our work with VetsinTech has allowed us to train over 300 heroes with in-demand, high-tech skills.
“I’m proud to continue our support of VetsinTech as we work together to elevate those who sacrificed so much for the betterment of our communities and country,” he said.
“I’d like to thank both DraftKings and Craig Newmark Philanthropies for their continued commitment and support of our veterans,” said Katherine Webster, founder and CEO of VetsinTech. We’re able to unveil VetsinTech Academy and the Craig Newmark Cybersecurity Institute for Veterans because of their generous support.
“We all need to do more to support the 200,000 veterans who transition to the civilian workforce every year. We believe at least 50% of them can land a role in the tech industry,” she said.